quinta-feira, 2 de dezembro de 2010

Ubuntu 10.10 - Developing C# 4.0

I recently changed to Linux, still a fresh user of this system... and since I'm a coder, I thought that programming in C# was a windows thing, and damn how wrong was I!!!
So if you have openSUSE you can program C# 4.0 using the standard repositories, but in ubuntu that isn't the case.. so here is a simple tutorial in how to set your development scenario.

first download and install the monodevelop(using ubuntu software manager).

then you go here: http://www.integratedwebsystems.com/2010/10/mono-2-8-install-script-for-ubuntu-fedora/ (Thx for your hard work Nathan Bridgewater keep up the good work)and follow the steps to compile mono 2.8 in your system... is easy as 1-2-3

then open monodevelop and Edit->Preferences -> .Net Runtimes
press Add and locate '/opt/mono-2.8'

then set as default and you are good to go.
I haven't tested the webserver yet as soon as I do I will post an how to.

Cheers and happy ubuntu programming...

Sem comentários: