sexta-feira, 18 de dezembro de 2009

C# and UPnP Socket made easy

I used transcoding in my place for years, first I just used the Windows Media player and the wonderfull XBox 360, but then that wasn't enought because I needed soft subtitles, for several reasons that are not called in here.
So I've changed the Server to be a TVersity Server, and it worked well during some time, before the Windows 7 was released and the confusion of Windows Foundation Media and DirectShow codecs, basicly the sofsubtitles don't work anymore, but TVersity had some minor issues to me, but issues never the less.
1. I can't do imedite fastforward
2. The files don't have description
and now without subtitles it was no longer a solution to me, so I keep on searching and found a new media server that back in the days that I was trying to find one it wasn't good enough to me now it was very good...
PS3 Media Server
Well I've tried for ages to build one Media Server of my own so being PS3 Media Server an open source one, I dig my hands into it.
And opened Visual Studio and started to play around.
So the first problem was building the Multicast and making the devices on my network knows that I was here.

I wasn't easy but reading the manual from UPnP Forum I was one step closer to get there.

So here is my first stage.
Multicasting UPnP Messages in the network.

Sem comentários: